Getting to know: Matthew Sales at Camden Council
Fri 28th March 2014, 4:07 pm
Matthew Sales, Camden Council's interim head of community investment and regeneration is attending Sitematch London this week. Here he gives a glimpse into his life outside the council – from a trip to the Indian subcontinent to enjoying the anthemic sounds of Arcade Fire.
1) Famous or otherwise, which person do you consider to be your biggest inspiration and why?
My grandad – because he had great manners, which I try and sometimes fail to replicate.
2) If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go and why?
Probably India. I was there for six months in 2009 and it would be wonderful to visit again.
3) Which book or film has had the biggest influence on your life?
Geography text books at school – it stimulated my interest in places, spaces, people and change, that I’ve taken into my career.
4) Briefly describe your most memorable sporting moment.
London 2012 was a fantastic event and Mo Farah’s two gold-winning runs will live long in my memory .
5) What are your three favourite albums and why?
Arcade Fire – The Suburbs – Just beautifully written songs.
De La Soul – 3 Feet High and Rising – The standard for hip-hop albums.
Any Elbow album – really enjoying their latest release, The Take Off and Landing of Everything.